New England Hospital with MEDITECH
Community Hospital Readies for Healthcare Reform with PowerHealth OnDemand’s Business Performance Platform for MEDITECH 6.0
Hospital now enabled with trusted reporting access through PowerHealth OnDemand’s Cloud-based solution for Healthcare
- 155 bed acute care community hospital located in Northeastern US.
- $450MM annual revenues with 11,000 discharges
- 180 Medical staff and 400 credentialed Physicians and Practitioners
- One of the first US hospitals approved for ACO Accreditation
- Affiliated with Tufts Medical Center
- Upgraded from MAGIC to MEDITECH 6.0
- Executives and departmental managers required real-time access to enterprise data housed in MEDITECH 6.0 (FOCUS) HIS
- Access to real-time data and information was non-existent
- State reporting, physician reporting, and HCAP reporting required significant IT resources and overhead
- Evaluated McKesson TRENDSTAR and EPSI prior to selecting PowerHealth for Business Performance Management solution including trusted cost accounting, open data access, dedicated SLA and support, and lowest Total Cost of Ownership
- Adopted LEAN Methodology for Process Performance Improvement initiative aimed at significantly improving operational efficiencies throughout the organization.
- Access to real-time data required all departments to be dependent on Finance, which caused bottlenecks and delays for all departments and a drain on Finance’s staffing resources
- Critical need for accurate cost and profitability data to support ACO Program
- Upgrade to MEDITECH 6.0 caused all users (minus Finance – as already using PowerHealth OnDemand) to lose access to over 6,000 custom NPR reports, including significant upheaval from department managers who depended on reporting such as the OR and ED departments
- Finance was dependent on 2 dedicated IT staff for getting access to data, which caused even further delays and deterred all parties involved from focusing on their core responsibilities
- Reports offered limited customization, therefore had little utility for managing hospital operations such ad ED Patient Throughput and OR Profitability and Utilization
- Management’s trust of data and information was questionable due to challenges accessing accurate data from multiple silos of information (MEDITECH source, DR, or 3rd party data).
- Difficulties making real time minor changes to reports needed for benchmarking business operations performance levels for LEAN projects
The PowerHealth OnDemand Solution
- OnDemand QuickStart Program for rapid deployment to rapidly achieve value – heavy lifting of implementation is done by PowerHealth to allow hospital staff to focus on their core responsibilities.
- PowerHealth solution implemented within 33 days from initial meeting
- All department management have access to dynamic and detailed Budget-Variance Reporting to support strategic cost management programs
- Over 70 Emergency Department metrics measuring patient throughput (from Door to Discharge) now readily available 24/7 to support the strategic LEAN Performance Improvement Program
- Comprehensive visibility into all aspects of OR Department such as Time in OR, Physician Utilization, Profitability by Procedure and Physician, Materials Management, Patient Throughput, and much more!
- Ready-access tostandard, customized and self-service reporting that are automated and recurring for establishing business &financial performance benchmarking and forward trending
- NO IT overhead resources required
- NO software, NO hardware, and NO capital expenditures
- Unlimited users
- Ready Access. Actionable Insights. Trusted Answers
A Great Customer Experience Starts Now
PowerHealth OnDemand has enabled our organization to effectively get up and running within weeks for immediate results - not months or years like other vendors. Our organization is now armed with “one version of the truth” from summary to detailed results related to costs, revenues, profitability, ER, and OR. PowerHealth also allows us to easily benchmark and view our State's comparative patient data in order to evaluate trends, issues, and opportunities for intervention on our performance.
CFO, Catholic Healthcare