NYU Medical Center – Brooklyn
NYUMC Brooklyn Defines Business Performance Management with PowerHealth OnDemand Platform
Major NY hospital and clinic organization relies on PowerHealth OnDemand’s Cloud-based cost accounting with trusted financial performance reporting and analytics.
- 468 bed acute care hospital + 9 major clinics based in Brooklyn, NY
- $755MM annual revenues with 120,000 annual patient discharges
- Executives and departmental managers required immediate access to enterprise data housed in McKesson Series HIS
- Access to real-time data and information was non-existent
- State reporting, physician reporting, and HCAP reporting required significant IT resources and overhead
- Evaluated McKesson TRENDSTAR prior to selecting PowerHealth for Business Performance Management solution including trusted cost accounting, open data access, dedicated SLA and support, and lowest Total Cost of Ownership.
- Access to real-time data required all departments to be dependent on Finance, which caused bottlenecks and delays for all departments and a drain on Finance’s staffing resources
- Critical need for accurate cost and profitability data to support cost reduction management program
- Upgrade to MEDITECH 6.0 caused all users (minus Finance – as already using PowerHealth OnDemand) to lose access to over 6,000 custom NPR reports, including significant upheaval from department managers who depended on reporting such as the OR and ED departments
- Finance was dependent on 2 dedicated IT staff for getting access to data, which caused even further delays and deterred all parties involved from focusing on their core responsibilities
- Management’s trust of data and information was questionable due to challenges accessing accurate data from multiple silos of information (McKesson source or 3rd party data).
The PowerHealth Solution
- OnDemand QuickStart Program for rapid deployment to rapidly achieve value (heavy lifting of implementation and maintenance is done by PowerHealth to allow hospital staff to focus on their core responsibilities)
- PowerHealth solution implemented within 45 days from initial meeting
- All department management have access to dynamic and detailed Budget-Variance Reporting to support strategic cost management programs
- Comprehensive visibility into all aspects of cost, revenues, detailed DRG & CPT analysis, profitability, payor mix reporting, Physician Utilization, Profitability by Procedure and Physician, and much more!
- Ready-access to standard, customized and self-service reporting that are automated and recurring for establishing business & financial performance benchmarking and forward trending
- NO IT overhead resources required
- NO software, NO hardware, and NO capital expenditures
- Unlimited users
- Ready Access. Actionable Insights. Trusted Answers
A Great Customer Experience Starts Now
"Trust" is what I think of when using PowerHealth OnDemand. I can't imagine running our Meditech hospital without PowerHealth OnDemand!
CFO, Community Hospital Anderson